The Rapture of Your Full Life Experience with Stephanie RaffelockFeb 26, 2020
Some of you might know that I recently turned 40! Beyond the typical celebration, cake, and candles that come with any birthday, something stood out as unique about this one.
The reactions of people around me when I told them the age I was turning.
Some people were very positive. They wished me a “happy birthday,” and that was the end of it.
But many people seemed conflicted about the number 40. Their reactions felt as though they knew that the number 40 means something for woman. An indication that I was growing old…and all that comes with that in our society.
We’re digging right into the heart of that topic in this week’s episode with Stephanie Raffelock. Stephanie is an advocate for the positive potential of aging. She proves that women aren’t finished living their best lives at 50, 60 and beyond, but instead, hold to the promise to become the wise elders of our culture. Stephanie celebrates age and shows how it’s a privilege to grow old -- how every single day is a gift.
We talk about some powerful topics in this episode:
- The importance of remaining relevant and making an impact throughout our entire lives
- Where we put our value as a person
- How we experience difficult emotions, and more importantly, the lessons they can teach us (you won’t want to miss this conversation)
- What it means to live life in a rapture of the experience
- The toxicity of the word “should,” and the underlying shame that fuels its impact
- What supporting other women really looks like
- And finally, the importance of asking yourself what kind of person you want to be remembered as and how you want to feel on your last day
This is a deeply powerful episode. It’ll ask you to confront some of your biggest desires and fears as a human being, but in doing so, you’ll grow so much. I just know it.
Get more great content delivered straight to your inbox!
Each week, we send out actionable tips and tools for building psychological strength within the context of a busy life. Join our mailing list, and you'll never miss out.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.