How to Protect Yourself from Burn-OutAug 12, 2020
Today’s show is dedicated to the person on the edge of burn out. The person who is juggling work, family, household, friends, and other responsibilities.
You are an asset in your life. You are THE asset in your life, and as an asset, you must be protected.
When you serve such an important role to so many different areas of your life, you need to make sure you’re able to show up with as much energy as possible. And, this means taking care of yourself.
Today, we’re speaking with Jamie Shapiro, Executive Leadership Coach and Master Nutritionist. Jamie is the founder of Connected EC, and she has been coaching and developing high performing teams since 1998. Her interest in the intersection of wellness and leadership grew out of her own experiences as an executive at large-scale IT companies. She managed large teams, faced enormous pressure and was often on the road.
We dive into such a great conversation in this episode. We talk about:
- Approaching leadership from a whole-body perspective
- The 4 holistic areas that true self-care should hit (pssst! It’s not just mental and emotional!)
- The battle between our short-term self who wants instant gratification and our long-term self who wants to grow.
- The importance of a clear vision for the future & the cognitive mechanism that fuels our ability to reach them.
- The gut – brain connection
- And finally, quick tips for pouring into ourselves so we can show up as the asset we are in our lives
Jamie is the author of the book “Brilliant: Be the Leader Who Shines Brightly Without Burning Out."
Get more great content delivered straight to your inbox!
Each week, we send out actionable tips and tools for building psychological strength within the context of a busy life. Join our mailing list, and you'll never miss out.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.